Saturday, May 16, 2009

Celibacy, is really god's intention?

Although I' not affiliated to any religion, I have always been surrounded by people who follows one or another religion. Most of them were christian, reason why I've acquired some knowledge about that religion and the Bible.
As far as I know, there's no place in the Bible where God suggests or demands to men to be celibate, in contrast he is always proclaiming the necessity for men to be accompanied. God's , according to the Bible is a God of love an mercy, and what greater demonstration of love than a man a a woman loving each other. In fact, two apostles and many popes were married.
I've seen recently the photos taken to father Alberto with a woman at Miami beach. The hole thing have risen a big controversy among Hispanic community. The uproar was so big that motivates me to see the interview given by father Alberto to, if I recall right, Univision tv channel. I saw the interview and that priest hit a homerun, he kick the interviewer and the uptight clerical community asses. I was so impressed with how he has dealt with this issue, he admit without reservation that he's in love with that woman, and made clear that he's not regretted.
He pronounced in the interview, one of the most deep reflexions that I've heard about catholic church and the Vatican, he said: "I'm a twentieth one century priest enclosed in a seventieth century institution".
I think that's to much noise for such a natural thing though. Lets the poor men do whatever he wants to, anyways he doesn't do any harm. We should be relieved because he's messing with a woman instead with a child, that's what is outrageous.
At the end, I think that is precisely this stupid celibate rule what is causing the outbreak of those pedophilia cases. Vatican should shut down that rule and they'll see how those twisted conducts disappears. Sexual repression is what fuels depravity and pedophilia.

If you have time and know some Spanish, I suggest you to take a look at this video. You'll enjoy it.




By the way Natasha, your post made me feel as if I was reading a cosmo or a people magazine, LOL...... Very gossip style.

No comments:

Post a Comment